Monday, September 06, 2004

Worldwide Tropical Cyclone Names

Worldwide Tropical Cyclone Names I was trying to convince someone that the names for hurricanes are all picked out in advance. Growing up in Massachusetts, we were up on this stuff, especially with Disaster Face for a brother. I have a couple news clippings from the last Hurricane Marilyn, which I think was back in the 80s. Also -- I have had a hard time convincing people out in California that people in Massachusetts actually GET hurricanes. I remember a few thrillers from back in my childhood. Glad I live out here now. Ira and his family made their way back from Birmingham, Alabama today, dodging weather and tornados back in Jacksonville, but they made it home safely. Now they have to wait for Ivan, apparently on its way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home