Thursday, September 02, 2004

Weathering the Storm

My little brother Ira is currently driving from Jacksonville, Florida to Birmingham, Alabama with his wife and my baby nephews to escape Hurricane Frances which is scheduled to hit really soon. That's a little nerve-racking for all of us out here, because the California news just says "Florida" without getting more specific about the storm's track projections. I've included a good link to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for some better details. Poor Ira -- we used to call him "Disaster Face" when he was a kid, because he LOVED weather. He even had some little Junior Scientist homemade barometer thingy. I was petrified, but he would be predicting tornados and earthquakes and any other natural disaster that could possible happen in Massachusetts (yes, we had an earthquake once that I can recall). Anyhow, he seems to love this shit now... That reminds me of the time Ira invited us to Florida to see a Jaguars vs. 49ers game. He kept telling us we need sunscreen and it's going to be really hot....well, I was a drowned rat after being in the rain for 4 hours straight. I guess it was my own fault I didn't shell out the $10 for the cheap plastic poncho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home