Saturday, September 04, 2004

Finishing What I Started

When I when to Bill Liberty Tattoo to see about designing a coverup tattoo for my way-too goth dragon tattoo I didn't really know exactly what to expect. This is what I started with. I brought in a bunch of magazines with images that inspired the design: koi, lotus flowers, colors, flames, ocean waves, japanese design, etc. I had also gone out to Bill's website and got some similar tattoos and printed them up. I left a deposit and they said they would call me when the design was done. When I came back about a week later, which wasn't really that long considering I had to wait a month for an appointment, I LOVED the design. Then by good fortune, there was a cancellation which allowed me to get in much earlier for the first appointment. I was amazed at how much I got done in the first 2.5 hour session. What I did learn is that 2.5 hours is WAY too long to sit for a tattoo -- at least for me. There were some real tender spots. Anyhow, here's what happened by the end of the first session: I've since had another two hour session to add most of the color. I am going back today to finish the job. I haven't quite gotten around to take pictures with the color added. I'll have to get Mike to take some before we get started today. I'm not looking forward to the session, but I am looking forward to finishing. There's some pretty tender spots in your shoulder and the backs of your arms! Gotta get motoring....and wake up Mike!

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your tattoo. It's gorgeous. Any pics of it completed?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home