Saturday, October 23, 2004

The Gym, My Evil Nemesis

Ack. I got up this morning and went to the gym. It would have been much more fun if my iPod was charged up, but no, I had to listen to all the elliptical thingies squeaky squeaking and people's insipid comments about how they hate glasses and that contacts are the only way to go, and about how fat they are, the evil stickwomen. Ack. The iPod is charging. Anyhow, my husband is starting on a normal person's work schedule as of Tuesday. Well, normal by comparison to graveyard shift and swing shifts. The last few months he has had weekends off, but worked 3 PM - 11 PM so we never saw each other except for the 5 minutes he would hover over me in my sleep at midnight trying to scare me (it usually worked). Normal schedule means we'll be cooking together so we can eat better food and I can have a break from dog sitting in the evenings which will force me to work out after work. That's where I was going with this whole schedule thing. On another note, my magical Prius started flashing the Maint Reqd indicator light. I guess it's time for my very first oil change (I looked it up in my owner's manual). I have just over 4500 miles on it in 3 months. Not bad, considering I commute to work every day. I just love my little ladybug car. Tonight is the Game One of the World Series. I am planning to wear my Red Sox sweatshirt that I had on for EVERY game the Red Sox won in the ALCS. It might walk away from me soon, but I won't wash it no matter what. I'm getting super-superstitious for this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home