Sunday, November 07, 2004

My Cat's Breath: Not in a joking mood

My Cat's Breath: Not in a joking mood I haven't been able to post anything since the election. I have been unable to articulate my feelings about what the outcome will mean for our country. I'm tired of being the "dirty liberal" at work when politics really have no place in our government office. I'm disgusted by the gloating of the blondes who chant "W is for Women" high-fiving each other in the hallways. How could any intelligent woman have supported Bush and the agenda of his administration? The link above is to my brother's blog. He campaigned for Kerry the day of the election and I couldn't be more proud of him for it. His writings articulate a lot of what I was thinking this week. In light of the recent world series results, this statement really hit home:
"Sure, I love baseball, and was raised by a tribe of batboys under the bleachers in Fenway Park, but ultimately, the Red Sox are a baseball team, Curt Schilling is a George Bush loving retard, and I would trade the Sox championship for a Kerry victory in a heartbreak. We'd always joked that a Sox victory would herald the end of the world. I'm terrified we may have been right."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home